We first had this dish in San Diego, at Haven pizzeria in Kensington. We went back plenty of times, for the pizza and this dish. Here's the recipe for Jaron's version.
We first had this dish in San Diego: at Haven, a pizza place in Kensington, just a few minutes walking from our home in Normal Heights. I think it's an American pasta classic, but we had never seen it before. We went back plenty of times, for the pizza as well as this dish. Here is Jaron's version.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 2 pieces of chicken breast
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 small onions
- 2 red jalapeños & 2 green jalapeños
- 1 lime juice
- chicken power/ chicken broth
- Fresh koriander
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 125ml of heavy cream
- Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Pasta (I suggest penne)
- Chop the bell peppers, jalapeños, garlic, onion and koriander. Cut the chicken breast into blocks and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the pasta to boil.(follow the cooking instruction from package)
- Fry the chicken in olive oil until golden, then take out of the pan and set aside. then use the remain oil to fried the bell paper.
- Hit up a wok, fry the chopped onion, garlic, jalapeños until softened. Add tequila, lime juice, soy sauce, chicken powder, and a cup of water. When it boiling, add pasta to cook for 4 mins (basically ur paster will be 2/3 cooked then add it together with this seasoning mixer, so the pasta will absorb all the flavor. )
- Add cream , mixing with koriander and serve.